top of page

 Pardon Applications

An Absolute Pardon, also known as an expungement/erasure/full pardon, if granted, results in the complete erasure of your official Connecticut adult criminal records. 

Being convicted of a crime results in a criminal record that negatively affects one's ability to secure or maintain employment. It could also prevent the issuance of certain licenses or admission into college or graduate programs. 

The only way to erase a criminal records is to be granted a Pardon from the State of Connecticut Board of Pardons and Parole. 

A pardon is the name for the legal procedure that allows a responsible and law-abiding citizen to erase the record of a past criminal mistake. The Pardon application is both time consuming and specific, and must be filed according to the detailed requirements, or else the application will result in a rejection, causing a delay in applying for a Pardon. 

You are able to apply for a Pardon if you meet the following requirements;  Your criminal conviction occurred three (3) or more years after the date of the disposition of your most recent misdemeanor conviction and/or It has been five (5) years since the date of the disposition of your most recent felony conviction. 

Your application must have a notarized application form, your criminal background check by the Connecticut State Police, three questionnaires filled out by your three references, employment history, charitable activities, and documentation relating to your employment, certificates, licences, and more. 

Once the application has been completed, submitted and accepted, a formal court hearing is scheduled, and the application is bought before the members of the Board of Pardons. This Board decides whether or not the records of a criminal conviction should be erased. It is very important that the proper presentation of a pardon case be made at the hearing. Failure to appear and properly present your case at the hearing can result in the application being denied. This denial can negatively affect your ability to reapply for another Pardon hearing. 

If you have a criminal record and desire a pardon, we urge you to contact one of our attorneys to discuss the options available to you.

Getting an attorney involved in the process early will assist in a smooth application process.         

                                                                                                Contact Us Today!             

Law Books

Get in Touch

You can call our office at (203) 753-1401, or inquire via the "Contact Us" page using the following link. 

Contact Us

bottom of page